Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Dual Booting 2 Different Windows 10 Installations

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPMelly

Downloaded
43.1 GB
Uploaded
76.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Can anyone help me do this? I want to keep my current stock windows 10 install and dual boot windows 10 ubuntu edition. It says the partitions are not in correct order when i try to install to a seperate partition.

It would mean a lot if someone could help. I tried googling it but everything i can find is for other OS's.

I also have seperate partitions of linux multi boot that i dont want to lose as well

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
307 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
337 (356)
Member for 10 years
I would stop trying and Install Virtual Box or VMWare , both virtual machines and then go from there..

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
307 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
337 (356)
Member for 10 years
Can anyone help me do this? I want to keep my current stock windows 10 install and dual boot windows 10 ubuntu edition. It says the partitions are not in correct order when i try to install to a seperate partition.

It would mean a lot if someone could help. I tried googling it but everything i can find is for other OS's.

I also have seperate partitions of linux multi boot that i dont want to lose as well

I think I might know what your issue is. I think the problem pertains to the Build number between both versions of Windows 10. If I recall, Windows 10 ubuntu edition was made from an earlier Build of Windows 10, while I think your current stock Build might be 1511, correct?
An afterthought - are both partitions on the same disk, and is your stock Windows 10 on the first partition? Or are you using multiple hard drives and you changed the order of the drives & you attempted to install that way?

If I'm wrong, then please disregard my answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

SPMelly

Downloaded
43.1 GB
Uploaded
76.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
I think I might know what your issue is. I think the problem pertains to the Build number between both versions of Windows 10. If I recall, Windows 10 ubuntu edition was made from an earlier Build of Windows 10, while I think your current stock Build might be 1511, correct?

Yes i believe so
And yes both partitions are on the same disk

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
307 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
337 (356)
Member for 10 years
Ok, since you verified my answer... you may have to install the earlier build of Windows 10 (Ubuntu Edition) then your stock Windows 10 Build 1511 for dual boot to work properly

SPMelly

Downloaded
43.1 GB
Uploaded
76.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 8 years
Ok, since you verified my answer... you will have to install the earlier build of Windows 10 (Ubuntu Edition) then your stock Windows 10 Build 1511 for dual boot to work.
Ok thanks I will try that

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
307 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
337 (356)
Member for 10 years
Ok thanks I will try that

This is basically the same as if you were dual booting different Windows OS's, ie: 7 & 10. Though they may be different versions of Windows, the premise is the same - the older os (or build) gets installed first, then the newer os (or build) last for dual boot to work. :)

aXeSwY

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Retired Veterans
Downloaded
26.3 GB
Uploaded
3.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
62 (63)
Member for 9 years
risk it for the biscuit :D , for me it's better not to mess around with partitions cause sometime Linux will simply wipe your HDD clean if you don't know what u doing :) so a Virtual partition will be safer quicker option

First of the easiest way to do it is to use a VM to install Ubuntu into a VHD

Guelx3v.png

After that with EasyBCD add a new boot entry and select that VHD image

easybcd_add_vhd%2B%25281%2529.PNG

Notice : it's better to enable legacy boot

Uncle Mac

🤴 Super Admin
Downloaded
91.3 GB
Uploaded
307 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
337 (356)
Member for 10 years
Thats what I was getting at, at the beginning of thread.LOL. Thanks for jumping in with you knowledge.:clap: And as usual thanks for the great post:nod::clap::rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.