Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Processing MacOS install issues on MacBook Air 2017

MichalPlays

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
132.5 GB
Uploaded
20.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Hi, I bought a MacBook Air 2017 from a garage sale for dirt cheap because it supporsed to have soldered SSD in it and after starting it, it was showing the checkmark folder. I replaced the 128gb Apple SSD to a SanDisk 1tb one with a Apple NVME to PCIE NVME Adapter from Amazon. Booting MacOS High Sierra from my 2012 MacBook Pro through USB SATA Adapter worked fine but after I installed the base MacOS version through Recovery Mode on that new SSD, it went fine but once I go to the installer which gives me the option to partition the Disk or install MacOS, it gives me some sort of error. The problem is that I might have to set the time and date but I don't have any option for that in the installation folder. It just gives me random errors and I cant install MacOS.
How do I set the time on this hipster piece of computing device or is this something related to the replacement battery which I got from iFixit repair shop since the old one was only charging to 41%, had 3810 cycles and was like really inflated.

Jose Simour

Downloaded
38.7 GB
Uploaded
326.7 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
for changing the date on your macbook, you need to enter on recovery mode and open the terminal then put the following command

date {month}{day}{hour}{minute}{year}

Every bracket should be replaced with a two-digit number that represent current time and date.
So for example; February 6th 2021 13:45 would become the following command:
date 0206134521

Trey Parker

Downloaded
349.1 GB
Uploaded
2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Whoa, I'm having sorta the same issue. I also got a 2018 MacBook Air and I wanted to reinstall MacOS so created in Mac, a bootable USB, but when I boot it up, it just goes to internet recovery. No key commands do anything different.

I figured we could knock out two birds with one stone, instead of making a new post since they're alike.

RedDove

⭐ VIP
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
119.8 GB
Uploaded
43.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
I'm not sure if this will help but I found these solutions.

In regular bootup, you can run sntp -sS time-a.nist.gov and may get an error like kod_init_kod_db(): Cannot open KoD db file /var/db/ntp-kod: No such file or directory, but the date and time actually will update properly. If you try that command in recovery mode, though, the date and time will not update.
Similarly, in regular bootup, you can run systemsetup -setusingnetworktime off && systemsetup -setusingnetworktime on to resync the date/time, and that totally works. In recovery mode, there is no systemsetup command.
So what do we have left in recovery mode?

You can use the date command to set the command manually. Just keep in mind that booted into regular mode, you’re usually going to see the date/time in your local time zone, whereas you’ll see the date/time in UTC when booted into recovery mode.

To update the time to, for example, 2:25pm PDT (so 9:25pm UTC) for June 3, 2020, you’d run a command like this in recovery mode:
date 0603212520

That’s 06 (June) 03 (the date) 21:25 (9:25pm on a 24-hour clock) 20 (the year, 2020).

And this

How to Change the Date and Time on a Mac Manually​

What to Know​

• Select the Time > Open Date & Time Preferences > Date & Time and clear Set date and time automatically.​
  • You may need to select the Lock at the bottom of the screen and enter your Mac password to make changes.​
  • To change time zones, select Time Zone tab > clear Set time zone automatically checkbox.​
This article explains how to change the date and time on Catalina (10.15) through macOS Sierra (10.12).​

How to Set the Date and Time on Your Mac Manually​

When you start your Mac for the first time, macOS prompts you to select your time zone. It then sets the date and time automatically based on this setting. If you travel or want to reflect a different time zone for work, you can change the date and time on your Mac manually.
Complete the following steps to change the date or time on your Mac desktop or laptop.​
  1. Select the time indicator at the right side of the menu bar to open a drop-down menu. Then, click Open Date & Time Preferences.​

QXbIbM.jpeg

• You can also open Date & Time preferences for all macOS versions, including Big Sur, by selecting System Preferences in the Dock and then selecting Date & Time.
  • In the Date & Time tab, clear the check box next to Set date and time automatically. You may need to unlock the lock at the bottom of the screen and enter your Mac password to make changes.

QXba9v.jpeg

Select the clock face and drag the clock hands. Or, select the up and down arrows next to the time field above the clock to change the time.

QXbr8E.jpeg

To change the date, select the up and down arrows next to the date field above the calendar or choose a date on the calendar.

QXbyXd.jpeg

If you want to change time zones, select the Time Zone tab. Clear the check box beside
Set time zone automatically using current location and then select a time zone on the map or use the menu beneath the map.

QXE9H9.jpeg

Click the padlock when you are finished to prevent unauthorized changes.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I hope this will be of some help. :h:

Dinero

Downloaded
16.3 GB
Uploaded
5.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Use OpenCore Legacy Patcher, that will allow you to put any OS on any Mac Hardware.

Follow these instructions:
VIDEO REMOVED BY STAFF

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyborg

Super Moderator
Uploader
Downloaded
248.1 GB
Uploaded
8.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
5 (5)
Member for 6 years
Use OpenCore Legacy Patcher, that will allow you to put any OS on any Mac Hardware.

Follow these instructions:
VIDEO REMOVED BY STAFF
Videos are not allowed, please use icode next time for outside links