Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Direct HDD Regenerator 2024 v20.24.0.0 [Mr. Heart]

gamalibrahem

Downloaded
14.1 GB
Uploaded
5.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
شكرا جزيلا على هذا البرنامج الرائع. عندي سؤال. لقد ناضلت مع HDD regen 2011 في وقت سابق عندما حاولت ذلك. كانت المشكلة أنني لم أمتلك وضع IDE مطلقًا في السير لوحدة التحكم AHCI وبدون وضع IDE mode HDD regen 2011 سيحدث خطأ في اللحظة الأخيرة عندما حاول استرداد القطاع السيئ.
كيف يتعامل إصدار 2024 هذا مع وضع AHCI؟

في الوقت الحالي ، ليس لدي أي أقراص تالفة ، لذا لا يمكنني اختبارها. شكرًا.

تحرير 1:

لاحظت أنه عندما أحاول إنشاء USB قابل للتمهيد ، حاول التطبيق تنزيل الملفات من الشبكة ويطلب مني التسجيل أو الشراء عبر الإنترنت. قد تكون هذه الوظيفة مستبعدة من البرنامج كما هو متاح. تأكد من فقدان شيء ما. شكرًا.
it's work - anyway- just click ESC , so u can start Scan/repair ,,, ir's working 100%

ki_2004

Downloaded
260.1 MB
Uploaded
9.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
Yes certainly. It works. However, my guess is that it will be very slow under AHCI mode. I think they have made some advanced techniques to make it possible under AHCI. Earlier versions simply errored out on AHCI mode. Hope this is improvement in this version. Now awaiting an HDD of mine to really develop bad sectors to test!!

Wichestery2k

👑 Administrator
Uploader
Downloaded
1.4 TB
Uploaded
52.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
255 (263)
Member for 7 years
@Mr. Hearty looks fine to me!

vnpt0409

Downloaded
33 GB
Uploaded
1.9 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Thank you so much for your wonderful sharing.

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
I will just point out some facts and then everyone can believe and do whatever they like.

Software like this stopped working as intended a long time ago and here is why.

1. Under Windows and especially since Windows 7, no software is allowed to talk to any hardware directly. They have to talk to the device driver or relative APIs, so no such software can see or access the hard disks directly.

2. IDE/Sata drives (the spinners) have their own unique controller which talks to the motherboard IDE/Sata bios. Not even Windows knows what the disks are doing. Each controller is designed uniquely for each disk so no software can really know how many heads/tracks/sectors or blocks each disk has, but they rather use a translation layer that converts the physical absolute characteristic of the disk, to compatible values that bios/windows can use.

Dont take my word tho, open a power shell and type
gwmi win32_diskdrive |select DeviceID,SectorsPerTrack,Size,TotalCylinders,TotalHeads,TotalTracks,TracksPerCylinder

and you will see something like this

QYxyxR.jpeg

So either my NVMe has 128 platters and 255 heads and is 64 cm ( about 25 inches ) thick or...

3. Such software will NOT work for SSD, NVMEs, USB thumb drives, etc, yet they somehow do... SSDs and NVMes don't have sector tracks, and heads, they have cells so what is there to correct? TRIM automatically rearranges data based on free cells so there is no way for Windows and any software to know where data are physically stored on an SSD or NVMe.

I can go on but I think you get the idea by now.

So, what is actually happening? All disks have some extra space which is reserved for when errors happen. When they detect errors on a block, they try to re-read it on their own and copy whatever data they can to a block from the reserved space, mark the old block as bad, and move on.

Software such as this that "corrects" hard disks, just asks Windows to scan (read) the entire disk, from start to end, and if an error is detected from Windows it keeps sending retry commands hoping that the disk controller will start the auto repair. That is why some people say they had positive results and some don't but truth be told, those who had success, would have corrected the issue anyway, and those who failed, there is no hope other than a professional repair service.

Long story short, snake oil.

To make things worse, some problems like disk head issues, power issues, and others, because of the number of retries this kind of software sends, can make the problem MUCH worse. If the heads for example scratch the platters and the software sends like 50 retries, all you will end up with is a deeply scratched disk surface making you lose even more data instead of saving.

Only saying the above in the interest of knowledge and not to insult the uploader which I thank for sharing software with us.

Last edited:

WinHunt1983

Downloaded
151.3 GB
Uploaded
770.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 2 years
hm working only s.m.a.r.t. check other not ....instaling about instruction but fail working

Faysal Bhatti

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
9.9 GB
Uploaded
3.3 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years

Hi! Can someone create the 2 usb iso files for me?
Unfortunately, that doesn't work for me. :-(
Thanks
Me also has same issue.

Rizwan Ahmad

Downloaded
62.8 GB
Uploaded
49.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
Thanks for this Share, Its Very Helpful.

Richard_dn

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
696.6 GB
Uploaded
14 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
I will just point out some facts and then everyone can believe and do whatever they like.

Software like this stopped working as intended a long time ago and here is why.

1. Under Windows and especially since Windows 7, no software is allowed to talk to any hardware directly. They have to talk to the device driver or relative APIs, so no such software can see or access the hard disks directly.

2. IDE/Sata drives (the spinners) have their own unique controller which talks to the motherboard IDE/Sata bios. Not even Windows knows what the disks are doing. Each controller is designed uniquely for each disk so no software can really know how many heads/tracks/sectors or blocks each disk has, but they rather use a translation layer that converts the physical absolute characteristic of the disk, to compatible values that bios/windows can use.

Dont take my word tho, open a power shell and type
gwmi win32_diskdrive |select DeviceID,SectorsPerTrack,Size,TotalCylinders,TotalHeads,TotalTracks,TracksPerCylinder

and you will see something like this

QYxyxR.jpeg

So either my NVMe has 128 platters and 255 heads and is 64 cm ( about 25 inches ) thick or...

3. Such software will NOT work for SSD, NVMEs, USB thumb drives, etc, yet they somehow do... SSDs and NVMes don't have sector tracks, and heads, they have cells so what is there to correct? TRIM automatically rearranges data based on free cells so there is no way for Windows and any software to know where data are physically stored on an SSD or NVMe.

I can go on but I think you get the idea by now.

So, what is actually happening? All disks have some extra space which is reserved for when errors happen. When they detect errors on a block, they try to re-read it on their own and copy whatever data they can to a block from the reserved space, mark the old block as bad, and move on.

Software such as this that "corrects" hard disks, just asks Windows to scan (read) the entire disk, from start to end, and if an error is detected from Windows it keeps sending retry commands hoping that the disk controller will start the auto repair. That is why some people say they had positive results and some don't but truth be told, those who had success, would have corrected the issue anyway, and those who failed, there is no hope other than a professional repair service.

Long story short, snake oil.

To make things worse, some problems like disk head issues, power issues, and others, because of the number of retries this kind of software sends, can make the problem MUCH worse. If the heads for example scratch the platters and the software sends like 50 retries, all you will end up with is a deeply scratched disk surface making you lose even more data instead of saving.

Only saying the above in the interest of knowledge and not to insult the uploader which I thank for sharing software with us.
"1. Under Windows and especially since Windows 7, no software is allowed to talk to any hardware directly. They have to talk to the device driver or relative APIs, so no such software can see or access the hard disks directly."
what about >> Direct I/O ? --- Direct I/O is a feature of the file system whereby file reads and writes go directly from the applications to the storage device, bypassing the operating system read and write caches.

I agree, I would only use this on a Spinner

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
"1. Under Windows and especially since Windows 7, no software is allowed to talk to any hardware directly. They have to talk to the device driver or relative APIs, so no such software can see or access the hard disks directly."
what about >> Direct I/O ? --- Direct I/O is a feature of the file system whereby file reads and writes go directly from the applications to the storage device, bypassing the operating system read and write caches.

I agree, I would only use this on a Spinner
Very good question. It's a fairly technical subject and in the interest of not making people fall asleep, I will try to simplify a bit.

The direct I/O is different for Windows and for Linux. The one you mention, the linux direct I/O is a flag that is set on a file, and when that file is accessed, it bypasses OS read/write caches. It's mainly used with apps that have their own caching subsystems like databases or apps that want to be 100% sure that their data is always written on the disk in case of power failure even at the cost of speed.

QY2c3o.jpeg

On the other hand, Windows Direct I/O is a feature available to driver-level software (drivers are considered higher priority and closer to kernel) and it's used when a device is capable of large transfers. When in Windows we have large transfers, it can generate a lot of interrupt overhead and have high memory usage which can slow things down, and so by using Direct I/O you can speed things up and use less CPU and RAM.

Both Windows and Linux have a similar approach as to what direct I/O does, but they implement it in a different way.

The issue with both the above is that they are used at a file level and always above the NTFS or Ext or GlusterFS (since you used the Red Hat direct I/O) and not on a head/track/sector or LBA or CELL level that the disks operate. The way the definition is written can lead to confusion but what they mean by "direct" is simply that it will bypass the OS caches and or I/O interrupts/DMA requests and go straight to the Disk driver and NOT to the disk itself. To understand this better, we always ask to read this and that file using direct i/o but never read this and that sector or block or cell which would be the direct disk approach.

Software such as HDD Regenerate though claims to access track and sectors and not individual files.
QY260V.jpeg

No app can ever talk directly to a disk because not even the OS (both Windows and linux) really knows what the disk does or where it has the files stored. Disks have their own on-board controller that arranges the file allocations the address translations for their geometry and to make things worse, each disk has practically its very own unique controller that is designed for that specific disk alone. So if one wants to make software to talk to a disk directly, they must know the exact controller to be able to talk and there are probably thousands of variations of controllers out there which would make it impossible.

The fact that each disk controller is unique can be seen when you try to repair a damaged disk, which you will see that often a second Identical disk is needed to be bought to swap the controllers. No other controller will work.

Last edited:

Richard_dn

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
696.6 GB
Uploaded
14 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 10 years
Very good question. It's a fairly technical subject and in the interest of not making people fall asleep, I will try to simplify a bit.

The direct I/O is different for Windows and for Linux. The one you mention, the linux direct I/O is a flag that is set on a file, and when that file is accessed, it bypasses OS read/write caches. It's mainly used with apps that have their own caching subsystems like databases or apps that want to be 100% sure that their data is always written on the disk in case of power failure even at the cost of speed.

QY2c3o.jpeg

On the other hand, Windows Direct I/O is a feature available to driver-level software (drivers are considered higher priority and closer to kernel) and it's used when a device is capable of large transfers. When in Windows we have large transfers, it can generate a lot of interrupt overhead and have high memory usage which can slow things down, and so by using Direct I/O you can speed things up and use less CPU and RAM.

Both Windows and Linux have a similar approach as to what direct I/O does, but they implement it in a different way.

The issue with both the above is that they are used at a file level and always above the NTFS or Ext or GlusterFS (since you used the Red Hat direct I/O) and not on a head/track/sector or LBA or CELL level that the disks operate. The way the definition is written can lead to confusion but what they mean by "direct" is simply that it will bypass the OS caches and or I/O interrupts/DMA requests and go straight to the Disk driver and NOT to the disk itself. To understand this better, we always ask to read this and that file using direct i/o but never read this and that sector or block or cell which would be the direct disk approach.

Software such as HDD Regenerate though claims to access track and sectors and not individual files.
QY260V.jpeg

No app can ever talk directly to a disk because not even the OS (both Windows and linux) really knows what the disk does or where it has the files stored. Disks have their own on-board controller that arranges the file allocations the address translations for their geometry and to make things worse, each disk has practically its very own unique controller that is designed for that specific disk alone. So if one wants to make software to talk to a disk directly, they must know the exact controller to be able to talk and there are probably thousands of variations of controllers out there which would make it impossible.

The fact that each disk controller is unique can be seen when you try to repair a damaged disk, which you will see that often a second Identical disk is needed to be bought to swap the controllers. No other controller will work.
Thanks, I asked because I was using Macrium reflect in window PE and it said direct I/O it was very fast backing up 150 gb in 56 seconds

Cyler

🤴 Super Admin
⚡OS Master
Downloaded
510.5 GB
Uploaded
24.5 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
1 (1)
Member for 6 years
Thanks, I asked because I was using Macrium reflect in window PE and it said direct I/O it was very fast backing up 150 gb in 56 seconds
Yes, direct I/o is meant for faster file copying in some cases and disks. If you check the manual of reflect it tells exactly that.

Direct Disk I/O - This bypasses the file system cache and writes directly to the disk. For normal write operations in Windows, this will be a slower operation as the file system cache does a great job of asynchronously flushing its cache as well using the cache to satisfy reading of the same data. However, for image files, where the data is sequentially written and there are no reads on the file system, using Direct Disk I/O can offer significant performance gains. Note; This may not be the case for all disk and file systems, especially if the target file system is fragmented or nearly full.

File System Cache - This is the standard method of writing a file to a Windows File System. It uses the file system cache to buffer Image File data and will flush the cache to disk when either the cache is full or the Image file seeks to a different part of the disk to continue writing. This is usually faster for disks that have other processes reading or writing to the same disk or if the file system is fragmented.

ki_2004

Downloaded
260.1 MB
Uploaded
9.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 5 years
@Faysal Bhatti In my case I do not get that Internet connection error. Instead the app says it's downloading from the internet and the next moment it reverts to unregistered trial version again. Except ISO creation rest of the app seems to be working fine. You have to again apply the treatment.

Mahesh Kumar

Downloaded
2.7 GB
Uploaded
74.1 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
I will try this to repair some of my HDDs

terjX

Downloaded
119.5 GB
Uploaded
1.1 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 6 years
I did find this info on an other site:

System Requirements:
Installation OS: Windows 10, 11
Supported OS (with bootable media): any
Supported drive types: HDD, SSD, NVMe
Bootable mode: UEFI 64-bit, UEFI x86, legacy BIOS
Bootable media: USB flash drive
Windows modes: scan, test, refresh, regenerate, S.M.A.R.T.
Bootable media modes (any operatig system): scan, test, refresh, regenerate, S.M.A.R.T.
Supported file systems: any

lonari

Downloaded
23.7 GB
Uploaded
37.8 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
I have used the 2011 version (shows 1.71 in the program) and can confirm this programs works on AHCI. It even works via a USB to SATA/IDE adaptor.

So if you guys want something proven that works, you won't go wrong with the old one.

gamalibrahem

Downloaded
14.1 GB
Uploaded
5.5 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 1 years
use bat file chkdsk for fix bad sectors_
open notepad, paste this code :