Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

Tutorials How to Setup Portable Torrent Client

L3GI0N5

Power User
Downloaded
209.2 GB
Uploaded
4.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
23 (24)
Member for 5 years
Good day every one!
Always stressing of adding your torrents again each time after you do a clean install on your system ?
Yes ? Then this tutorial is just for you!

Starters
get another separate drive (internal or external) whatever keeps your boat afloat.
copy/move all your completed downloaded torrents into a new folder (in my case) called "TeamOs DL Seeds" on the new drive you have.
make a new folder (in my case) "qbittorrentPortable" of which ever portable torrent client you have and copy it in this folder too.

(note that not all portables have the same setup of directories but should be the same of some sorts hopefully) I am using a portable version of Qbittorrent.

Make sure you enabled to view hidden files and folders
Go to C drive / User / "your user profile" / AppData / Local / "your torrent software" (in my case qbittorrent) / BT_Backup folder

Pr9l6n.png
Pr9tsq.png
Pr9W2Q.png
Pr9bYW.png
Pr9Enh.png
Pr9nQr.png

In this folder are all your torrent backups and cache files. Copy all the contents inside this folder and go to your new drive (where you made your new folder and copied the portable client in).

Pr9sVK.png
Pr91ss.png
Pr9F2c.png
Pr9Hez.png
Pr9In3.png

Now what you copied from the C drive BT_backup folder you copy into the BT_backup folder in your portable client folder on new drive.
(this copies all the cache and backup torrent files you have downloaded so far)

Open your torrent client from the new drive. all the torrents will automatically be added but will show a "Missing" notification on the torrent client.
Highlight all your torrents in the client and Right click on one of them.
In the list look for "set location", direct to the new "TeamOS DL Seeds" folder and it will re-check all your torrents and start seeding or downloading again where left off with.

Please note, that when you download a new torrent, it will ask you where your client is, direct it to the new folder on new drive and choose that exe. and always remember to use from there on.
(or it will always ask over and over again)
Also in the client set all your future downloads to the new "TeamOs DL Seeds" Folder and it will automatically be saved there from now on.

Now you can do your windows over 100 times in a row, and all will be there where you left off. Just always make sure that the drive letter path still remains the same as it was.
(example) if it was E: drive, your next clean windows install it must also be E: drive.

I hope this clarifies the matter on not always having to start over again.

Regards,

Last edited:

Saifuddin200792

Uploader
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
44.1 GB
Uploaded
22.4 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (3)
Member for 7 years
Thank you @L3GI0N5, For this tutorial. Bookmarked

L3GI0N5

Power User
Downloaded
209.2 GB
Uploaded
4.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
23 (24)
Member for 5 years
Thank you @L3GI0N5, For this tutorial. Bookmarked
Pleasure, hope it helps all of you. helped me

HappyCroc81

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
168.2 GB
Uploaded
14 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 4 years
It's a really much helpful for me as I am seeding many torrents from system and frequently changing os .
Thanks for this tutorial @L3GI0N5

L3GI0N5

Power User
Downloaded
209.2 GB
Uploaded
4.2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
23 (24)
Member for 5 years
It's a really much helpful for me as I am seeding many torrents from system and frequently changing os .
Thanks for this tutorial @L3GI0N5
All good, glad to be of service to your solution.

RedDove

⭐ VIP
Power User
✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
118.2 GB
Uploaded
42.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
:hi: I have two external harddrives that I
use to store all my downloads on. As soon as
a file is done, I copy it and the .torrent over to them.
I have to admit it is a bit tedious when I do a format and have to
copy it all back to begin seeding again but, a hard lesson learned
to safer than sorry.

Your guide will make it much easier now,
thank you so much for this, L3GION5. :)
Bookmarked.