Team OS : Your Only Destination To Custom OS !!

Welcome to TeamOS Community, Register or Login to the Community to Download Torrents, Get Access to Shoutbox, Post Replies, Use Search Engine and many more features. Register Today!

MacOS install issues on MacBook Air 2017

MichalPlays

✅ Verified Member
Downloaded
132.5 GB
Uploaded
20.8 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
Hi, I bought a MacBook Air 2017 from a garage sale for dirt cheap because it supporsed to have soldered SSD in it and after starting it, it was showing the checkmark folder. I replaced the 128gb Apple SSD to a SanDisk 1tb one with a Apple NVME to PCIE NVME Adapter from Amazon. Booting MacOS High Sierra from my 2012 MacBook Pro through USB SATA Adapter worked fine but after I installed the base MacOS version through Recovery Mode on that new SSD, it went fine but once I go to the installer which gives me the option to partition the Disk or install MacOS, it gives me some sort of error. The problem is that I might have to set the time and date but I don't have any option for that in the installation folder. It just gives me random errors and I cant install MacOS.
How do I set the time on this hipster piece of computing device or is this something related to the replacement battery which I got from iFixit repair shop since the old one was only charging to 41%, had 3810 cycles and was like really inflated.

Jose Simour

Downloaded
38.7 GB
Uploaded
266.2 GB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 7 years
for changing the date on your macbook, you need to enter on recovery mode and open the terminal then put the following command

date {month}{day}{hour}{minute}{year}

Every bracket should be replaced with a two-digit number that represent current time and date.
So for example; February 6th 2021 13:45 would become the following command:
date 0206134521

Trey Parker

Downloaded
348.7 GB
Uploaded
2 TB
Ratio
Seedbonus
Upload Count
0 (0)
Member for 9 years
Whoa, I'm having sorta the same issue. I also got a 2018 MacBook Air and I wanted to reinstall MacOS so created in Mac, a bootable USB, but when I boot it up, it just goes to internet recovery. No key commands do anything different.

I figured we could knock out two birds with one stone, instead of making a new post since they're alike.